- Set up using Ledger
Create a Cosmos address using Ledger
A Ledger is a hardware cryptocurrency wallet, a physical device that securely stores users' private keys offline. It enables users to manage, store, and interact with their cryptocurrencies while providing a high level of security.
Create an account with Ledger
When you first set up your Ledger device, you'll be prompted to create a new wallet or restore an existing one. During the setup, you'll generate a unique 24-word recovery phrase (also known as a mnemonic or seed phrase). This phrase is crucial for recovering your wallet and funds if you lose the device or need to reset it.
The 24-word mnemonic is generated and stored in the device, and it is compatible with Cosmos blockchains, so that accounts can be derived from it.
- Download the Ledger Live app
- Connect your - LedgerLedger via USB and update to the latest firmware
- From the Ledger Live app store, download the Cosmos (ATOM) application.
- Navigate to the Cosmos (ATOM) app on your Ledger device
Great! Now you can either use your Ledger address with Keplr:
Connect Ledger with Keplr
Here are the steps:
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Keplr.
- Google Chrome is advised when using Keplr.
- Install Keplr Accessing your Ledger Cosmos account(s) via Keplr.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and open the Cosmos app on your device.
- Select the Keplr extension icon and select Import Ledger.
- Use the Keplr extension to switch the networks.